We are dedicated in providing our patients with the treatment they need to attain optimal oral health and lasting functionality to the teeth and gums. That’s why we use modern, effective dental equipment and techniques that help our patients receive the best care available. Our office uses digital X-rays and an intraoral camera system to identify and treat oral health problems in their earliest stages. You can be confident you will receive superior dental care from us. If you are interested in our services, please give us a call, so that we can schedule an appointment for you soon.
Part of your cleaning and prevention plan involves taking X-rays of your teeth. We use the latest X-ray technology, known as digital radiography, which uses an electronic sensor to capture and store digital images of your teeth.
The process of taking digital radiography is quicker and more comfortable than the process of taking X-ray film, and it reduces radiation exposure by a significant amount. Because the digital images can be viewed instantly, our dental hygienist will be able to detect and diagnose any abnormalities and problems at a faster and more efficient rate.
It is important to have X-rays taken of your teeth to prevent discomfort, pain, and permanent damage to your mouth. Even though digital radiography is significantly safer than traditional X-ray film, we still take all of the necessary precautions to prevent unnecessary exposure to radiation. Your health and safety are of the utmost importance to us.
How Do I Know I Need an X-ray?
The frequency and need for X-rays are based on: medical and dental history, a dental exam, signs and symptoms, your age, and risk of disease. Although a full X-ray of your top and bottom teeth are taken once or twice a year, new X-rays may be needed if any dental problems arise. If you are experiencing any difficulties or pain, we highly recommend that you arrange an appointment with your dentist promptly.
Intraoral Camera Technology
With our intraoral technology, we are able to see firsthand how we can help you. In many offices, the patient is forced to take dental action based solely on the recommendations of a dentist. We believe that our patients deserve more. We want you to see clearly and unmistakably what is happening with your dental health, and understand how we can improve the health of your gums and teeth.
Our intraoral camera technology provides that service to you. We now have the ability to show you, like you’ve never seen before, how our services can help you. Intraoral cameras also allow us to monitor the effectiveness of our treatments, and how we can improve the ways we serve you.
The images and videos taken of your mouth can be used for you to see what doctors and dental assistants see when they look inside your mouth. It also provides the ability to show documented information to other dentists and insurance agencies as needed.
With the latest advances in dental technology, we can now take a look at your teeth and your dental health with much more detail and precision. A panoramic X-ray gives us the opportunity to take one full picture of your whole mouth and see instantly things that we could never see before. There are many benefits to using panoramic X-rays. Some of these advantages include:
- Locating fractures of the teeth and/or jaws which cannot be seen as easily by less precise technology.
- Tracking and monitoring the development, positioning, and eruption of primary teeth. This helps us see the development of your child’s baby teeth and permanent teeth at the same time.
- Providing a more comfortable experience as opposed to holding X-ray films inside your mouth.
- Detecting and diagnosing problematic conditions such as TMJ dysfunction, impacted wisdom teeth, bone or gum disease, oral cancer, nonmalignant tumors, oral trauma, osteoporosis for postmenopausal women, genetic abnormalities, developmental abnormalities (cleft palate), and asymmetry of the oral and maxillofacial area.
- Obtaining baseline data for long-term dental health.
- Identifying the cause of facial pain.
- Effectively surveying the sinus region.
- Evaluation of dentures, dental implants, braces, and why dentures may be uncomfortable.
Please don’t hesitate to take full advantage of all of the benefits that Panorex can offer you. Give us a call to schedule an appointment with us and to let us help you receive the full comprehensive exam that can make all the difference in your health and in your life.